Thursday, July 14, 2011

FAQ: Djibouti

Through this transition, everyone appears to have the same questions. As any legit service would provide, I have complied all the questions and answers in one section so that I won’t have to repeat myself...anymore.

Djibouti? Where is that located?
Djibouti is located on the Horn of Africa. It is northeast near Ethiopia and Somalia.

How long will you be in Djibouti?
My tour in Djibouti is for one year.

What will you be doing there?
I will be a project manager there helping on the Communications and IT project.

Will you be traveling with anyone else you know?
I will not be traveling with anyone else I know, but my company currently has over 40 employees already there.

Where will you live?
The government has provided 4 bedroom, 3 bath villas for the contractors. While it is not on base, it is located between the Navy/Army base and the US Embassy. The location is safely guarded, gated and comes with daily maid service.

Who will fix your hair?
I am sure that traveling to the Motherland will provide me with ample women who know how to handle the course, tightly-curled texture that I have dealt with over the years.

What language do they speak?
On base, English is spoken by nearly everyone. Out in the city, Arabic and French are mostly spoken.

Can I have [insert everything from car to house]?
Ummm. No. I am not dying, I am just relocating temporarily. In other words, I am not giving away my possessions because I plan to return.

When will you come back home?
After one year, I plan to return to the US unless a better opportunity overseas arises.

What will you do with your house? car? Rommie?
My house is currently on the market to be rented. My car and dog, Rommie, will be in South Carolina with my family.

How can I contact you?
Depending on internet connectivity, I can be reached on Skype (hedegi). Care Packages can be sent to: CIV GIBBS HEATHER | PSC 831 BOX 0059 | FPO, AE 09363-0059. I can always be reached via email, as well.

Where will you attend church?
The base provides weekly church services. I am so thankful Jesus will be with me in Djibouti.

What do you parent’s have to say about this?
My mother is very excited about this opportunity. My father wasn’t originally sold on this, but after he received more information about my safety and wearabouts, he is now onboard.

Couldn’t you find a job in the US?
No. Can you find me a job in the US? Nonetheless, this is a great career move for me and it will provide me with challenges that I would have never encountered in the US.

Final statement: Don’t come back here with a Djibouti man and Djibouti babies!!
My Response: Why not??

1 comment:

Sweetdas said...

You so stupid, I am glad that Jesus will be with you also!!!!