Sunday, August 21, 2011

Moucha Island

Moucha Island Pics

Today, I went with one of my local friends, Gassira, to visit Moucha Island. Moucha Island is built of corals and located off the coast of Djibouti in the center of the Gulf of Tadjoura.

Gassira’s family currently manages the various activities and hotel at Moucha Island. As the manger, she went to verify that all maintenance was completed before the seasonal opening.

When she asked me if I wanted to join her at the Island, I had my swimsuit packed before she could even finish her sentence. From land, it was a 30 minute boat ride to Moucha. The trip was very peaceful and serene.
While Gassira was working, I enjoyed having the entire Island to myself. I picked seashells and swam in the water. The water wasn’t as salty as French Beach, so I was able to enjoy my swim without worrying about others urinating in the water.

After Gassira was finished working, she joined me in the Island. She was upset because none of the repairs were finished on the Island and they were planning to open in less than two weeks. She stated that she was going to have to stay on the Island for the next two weeks to ensure the work was complete. Poor thing. She must live a horrible life!

No comments: