Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ethiopia Earthquakes

This morning I awoke to my bed rattling. I immediately thought I was having a bad dream or someone was trying to enter my house by banging on the door. Afterwards, I was so shook that I was unable to fall back to sleep.

During our weekly meeting, my Technical Lead asked everyone if they felt the earthquake. I couldn’t believe my ears!! I actually experienced an earthquake!!! Instead of it being slightly exciting, as I imagined, it was quite scary.

Apparently, the earthquake was in Ethiopia which is approx 120 miles away. I haven’t been able to verify the details, but if I felt the Earth move from that distance, then the residents of Ethiopia are now in my prayers.

8 comments:

Sweetdas said...

I know how you feel, I felt my first earthquake when I spend the Summer in California, it was crazy, I thought I was dreaming until I woke up and saw the news.

N. said...

Glad you're safe!

Shon said...

i am glad you are safe. i've felt one in the past, but very, very subtly. i hope you are having a great day!

Kyle T said...

Gibbsy! I miss you! I had to check your twitter page to make sure you were still alive and saw your links to your blog. I'm glad you're fitting in. Don't look TOO hard for Mr. Gibbs, drink up all the water, and keep washing everything! :-)
And when do you plan on facetiming me lady??

BlingQueenDiva said...

Well if that was anything like the earthquake I felt in DisneyLand, I feel for you :o) All jokes aside, I thank God you are safe and keeping you in prayers.

Jamallia said...

Oh I totally know what you are talking about...they 6.9 we felt was about that far away and I was trying to book me a flight back to the USA...lol. Love you girl!

David Oz said...

Guess you don't have to be in Cali to get jolted!

Finally had an opportunity to follow the blog dear: This is wonderful!

Cheers! (D. Oz)

Nneka said...

DC/MD/VA area recently had an earthquake, and I felt it all the way in Ft. Mill, SC!!! It wasn't nearly as "moving" as yours I think, but, you're right, it was weird, and I had to ask, if everyone else felt it!