Thursday, March 13, 2008

Quit Worrying and Start Trusting

"After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you" 1 Peter 5:10

Thank you to all who have noticed my status change and asked why am I stressed.

In short, I am stressed because I lapsed and forgot that faith and worry can’t abide in the same place. I became hesitant to cast all my worries upon God and start trusting him to handle "it".

My crisis began when I realized that everything I thought I knew and was sure of was now debatable. I took pride in reveling on the fact that I could give you my five year plan and the steps I was taking to achieve it with regards to all aspects of my life. However, today, I stand with no plan of action. The only thing I am sure of at this point, I WILL stop worrying and start trusting in Him.

I can already see the eyes rolling from a few of you who swear that I am overreacting. But dang it, it’s my party and I’ll cry and whine if I want to! I want my carefree days back when the most important decision I had to make was which party I was attending on the weekend. The good ol’ days!! Whereas today I face RESPONSIBILITIES!!!

"To whom much is given, much is required"….I know. I know. I know. But I did not sign up for all of this! Nonetheless, I have had to console and humble myself before God. My faith has taught me that when the time comes, God will restore and settle us. And of course, when I am faced with so many life altering decisions (as I feel now) I feel unsettled.

I promise, that now that I have vented I will digress about my problems and start focusing on the big picture. I vow to quit worrying and start trusting in Him.


Source:
1 Peter 5:6-11 (Thanks, Latoya)
Galatians 6:9 (Thanks, Avery)
Luke 12:48

No comments: