Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Myspace Sucks!!

[This post was originally posted on Myspace.]

Sorry, Tom. I hope you don’t delete my post but I am taking my first amendment right to blog about how much I hate your website.

First, Myspace is totally overrated. This networking thing has gotten out of hand when relationships are compromised because of actions taken on Myspace. I have a friend who is constantly in disagreements with her boyfriend because of comments that other females are posting on his page. Now, this could bring up other concerns such as one’s insecurity or lack of trust, but I just think that this wouldn’t have been a factor if Myspace didn’t exist.

Second, why are people so serious about this Top Friends thing? Are you serious? I have to prove how much you mean to me by listing you in my Top Friends section. Again, Tom, this is a way to isolate and form barriers within one’s circle of friends. If you are popular and you have more than 36 close friends, you are screwed and are bound to hear the question, "Why am I not in your top friends?"

Third, at what age is too old to be on Myspace? Personally, I think once you are 30 years old, you need to enroll in a 12-step program and remove yourself from this nonsense, that we are addicted to. I once thought Myspace was more attractive to the high school/teenage audience and hence I was very hesitant to join. It’s so interesting to me, however, that studies have shown that the average age of Myspace users are 35-49 years old. Stop playing! In this day in age, that means that someone’s Grandparent is on Myspace! (SCREAM!!) So now my grandmother is going to shrug me off if I don’t include her in my Top Friends?
Myspace can be blamed for a lot of the confusion this world is facing. I just don’t find it a coincidence that Myspace and the war in Iraq both were conceived at the same time. Get my drift!! Myspace is the cause of the war in Iraq.
I rest my case.

P.S. Don’t ask why I am still logging in everyday. I haven’t turned 30 yet. LOL

No comments: